Somers Town has a rich heritage and cultural life. Apart from the Friday market, there’s great community with annual sports and music events.
- Annual START Festival of cultures set up after racist gang murder of Richard Everitt- see START website for photos.
- In 2013 and 2015 there was a Fair and ‘Sports Day‘ in Brill Place park
- Local bands like Mighty Caretakers and ohGunquit!
- historic old St Pancras Church with concerts and events
- Plaques to Charles Dickens, Mary Wollstonecraft, filmmaker Mike Leigh, Basil Jellicoe – all lived here once
- unique social housing history with slum clearance in 20th century