- This event has passed.
HS2 Action Group
March 2, 2016 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Agenda for a public Meeting which the Action Group is holding jointly with the Camden Civic Society on Wednesday (2 March) at Netley School, 74 Stanhope Street, NW1 3EX.
Keir Starmer MP will be addressing the meeting.
On Monday, the Select Committee published its Final Report (see link). The meeting will provide an opportunity to discuss the report and the next stages as the Hybrid Bill moves to the House of Lords.
On Friday, Camden published a lot of useful material in their most recent Newsletter (see link). On 26 February, HS2 updated their Schedule of Undertakings and Assurances. This now seems to include all the relevant Camden assurances. On Wednesday, there was a successful demonstration when HS2 sought to launch their new Information Centre at the National Temperance Hospital (see CNJ). All local politicians boycotted the official launch.
The meeting will provide the opportunity to consider the future role (if any) of the Action Group as we approach the next phase of the campaign against HS2.
- Keir Starmer MP will address the meeting briefly at 6pm
- Working parties meet in groups (1) to discuss their outcomes – suggestions overleaf (In these heady days of demonstrations I haven’t heard from everyone, so if your name isn’t where you think it should be just say.)
(2) to look at the issues (not the ordering) that all Camden groups have in common with a view to agreeing a common platform:
- Spoil removed by rail not lorries
- Fair urban compensation and blight/need to sell
- Mitigation for 20 years construction minimal disruption & duration
- Independent costings & technical assessment of HS2 & alternative railways
- Timely information from HS2 enabling genuine engagement
- Euston including HS2 to be rebuilt in same footprint
- 7pm Report Back, main points only, max 3 minutes each, from working parties
- Discussion and plan for next actions – each working party to meet as often as is productive and report back to next public meeting
- Future of Euston Area Action Group – a 3 minute word from Robert Latham
- Any Other Business
- Date of next meeting