Come to inform the Designs of Phoenix Road – Thursday 5th August 11-5pm Outdoors part of the road will be closed outside Maria Fedilis School.
Learn more, get updates on the designs, enjoy refreshments and creative activities.
Camden Council Design Agency, LDA will be present, as well as the History Space asking:
How can the new design REFLECT the CHARACTER of Somers Town?
Activities for all: include screenprinting; weaving, artwork, recording your views and Play!
UPDATE from Camden Council
- What are the findings from the consultation?
A report summarising the findings from the co-design workshops and engagement activities to date will be published on the Greening Phoenix Road website next week.
- What are the initial design ideas?
Early proposals are currently being prepared alongside the proposals for the changes to traffic movements (which will inform an ETO – an experimental traffic order). These early proposals will be displayed at the Play Day on 5th August for information and for feedback from Somers Town locals. They will also be available via the website.
- How will character of Somers Town heritage be reflected?
The website shows five themes that emerged from 2019 consultation as priorities for Greening Phoenix Road and sets out design principles for each theme. One of these themes is ‘place specific and unique – reflecting the character of Somers Town’. The design principles include:
· Put people first
· Celebrate history, heritage and culture.
· Utilise art and performance to emphasise the unique spirit and identity of Somers Town.
· Provide joy, surprise and delight.
· Identify and protect physical assets that are important to local history and heritage.
· Celebrate the stories of the area and how these might be expressed through the project.
· Provide capacity for cultural celebrations that strengthen community bonds.
- What are the next milestones?
- When can the community expect any developments?
Please see the image below which indicates Concept Design exhibition by December 20217600_PlayDay-Flyer_WEB